This is a step-by-step guide on how to add your location and site plans purchased through BuyAPlan® on the newly updated Planning Portal website. You can skip to number 9 if you are familiar with the Planning Portal website and you simply want to learn how to upload your BuyAPlan® purchased plan to your application.
1. To begin, click 'Start new application' in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Then, enter a name for the application, such as 'house extension,' and click 'continue'.
3. The following step is to find your property. Enter your postcode and press the 'Find address' button.
4. Then, from the drop-down list that appears, choose your address. If you do not know your property's postcode, you can use the grid reference number. You can find it on this website.
5. A new list will be displayed, from which you must select the type of permission you are applying for. For example, 'Householder planning permission' if you are the property owner and want to make changes to your home.
6. The next step is to define the boundaries of your site. Please click on the blue 'Draw site boundary' button. If you have a geospatial file with this information, you can upload it on the server by clicking on 'Upload Geospatial File'.
7. A map will be displayed with the property you've chosen in the centre. You can use the provided tools to outline and hightlight your property, as well as any alterations you want to make, in red. Any more properties in the region held by the same person should be marked in blue.
8. On the following page, you will be asked to confirm that everything you have done so far is correct. Please read them thoroughly before proceeding to the next stage. Then, as shown below, click 'Create application' on the bottom right of the screen.
9. During this step, you will be able to preview your property's boundary to ensure it is correct. The local government will be picked for you automatically, so double-check this before proceeding. After that, click 'Continue' under 'Add plans and documents' to upload your BuyAPlan® purchased maps and supporting papers.
10. Browse and add files, or drag and drop them into the blue box displayed below. Documents in PDF or PNG format are supported.
You can now proceed with your planning application. Remember to include the remainder of your supporting plans (elevations, sections, and other architectural plans) alongside your location/site plans.
If you have any questions about what you need for your planning application you can check the official government site here.